“Put cash back in your wallet” That’s the promise of Swagbucks. Explaining this, Swagbucks says it is a rewards program that gives you free gift cards and cash for the everyday things you already do online.
The big question is whether Swagbucks is legit or a scam. That is, will it really pay you for doing nothing more than the simple everyday things you already do online OR will it will it waste your time by having you do stuffs and not pay? Also, how good of a reward site is Swagbucks? This GiantReviews’ look into Swagbucks will help you answer these questions and many more.
In this article
- What is Swagbucks?
- Is Swagbucks legit?
- Who can use Swagbucks?
- How Swagbucks works
- Getting Started
- Is Swagbucks mobile-friendly?
- Earning Opportunities
- Payment and Rewards
- Can you get support?
- Player Complaints
- Swagbucks Pros and Cons
What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks, which is found at www.swagbucks.com, is a rewards program, or what is popular as a GPT (Get-Paid-To) site. In these sites, members get paid to do a variety of things – albeit simple online things that they probably already do every day, such as answering survey questions, searching the web, watching online videos, playing games, and more. Yes, GPT sites can and do pay for these simple tasks. You may want to check out our GPT Site guide before continuing.
Back to Swagbucks, Swagbucks is not just another rewards program. It is the web’s most popular rewards program. As of writing, Swagbucks has over 10 million users, and has paid out over $455 million to members. Swagbucks was started in 2008, and it is owned and operated by Prodege LLC which is headquartered in El Segundo, California.
Is Swagbucks legit?
Oh yes! Swagbucks is legit. The biggest and the most popular GPT site can be nothing but legit. The reward site will not steal your money, neither will it refuse to pay you money earned in the site. The legitimacy of Swagbucks is not in doubt because of the following:
Swagbucks is a subsidiary brand of Prodege LLC, a US based leading Internet and media company that operates multiple customer engagement brands. Know that sites backed by 100% legal and reliable companies are less likely to be scam. Thankfully, Prodege LLC ticks every of these boxes, so this reward site coming from it (Swagbucks) can only be legit.
Swagbucks has been operating since 2008. This gives it 12 years in the industry, which is enough time for a scamming GPT site to be stripped and revealed for what it is. However, Swagbucks grows only bigger, as its membership swells by the day. 10 million+ members, and counting! Definitely, Swagbucks has passed the test of time.
Swagbucks has the highest volume of pay-outs in the industry. As of writing this review, it has paid out $455,466,294 to its members. Many of the other top GPT sites will not get there even in ten years. Interestingly, Swagbucks continues to pay. There’s virtually no “making money online” platform you turn to that you’ll not find paid Swagbucks members; and many of these members post their payment proofs.
Who can use Swagbucks?
Swagbucks can be used by persons in most countries in the Americas, Europe and Asia, as well as some countries in Africa. However, earning opportunities will be limited to persons in countries other than the US (and its territories), the UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, France, Germany, New Zealand, Spain, Portugal, and India.
However, even if resident in an accepted country, you must be at least 13 years to use Swagbucks. This is wonderful as most GPT sites admits only person 18 years and above. However, if under 18 years, you can only use Swagbucks with parental consent.
How Swagbucks works
Swagbucks feature a lot of things that you can do to earn. If you complete any one of these tasks, you’ll be rewarded with reward points (which are called SB points in the site). If you have enough SB points, you can redeem them for cash or gift cards to your favourite retailers.
Now that you know how Swagbucks works, and that it is legit, you may want to head there and start earning. The first thing is registering which happens to be free. Not only is registering free; but using Swagbucks is also free – you do not have to pay a penny.
The registration is a simple process that requires nominating an email and password. Swagbucks gives a join bonus of 2SB. So, after registering, you’ll find your account registering 2SB. You’ll have to activate your account by verifying your email; and after that you’ll get another 5SB bonus. That gives you 7SB head start. There is another $10 Swagbucks welcome bonus that is advertised in some pages. But to get this, you’ll have to make a purchase – a single item worth $25 or more.
Is Swagbucks Mobile Friendly?
Yes. Swagbucks is mobile friendly. In fact, it has dedicated mobile apps for iOS and Android devices. Thus, using Swagbucks on mobile is in one of two ways. First, reach the website from a web browser in your mobile device. You’ll find the website optimized for mobile devices, so pages will resize to fit your screen. Secondly, you can download the mobile app from the respective app store and have a personalized experience.
With Swagbucks, mobile friendly, you’ll be able to complete tasks and earn anywhere you may be. You can work from home at any time, and you can also be working even while you are out and on the go.
When Swagbucks says it puts back money in your wallet for doing nothing but the everyday things you already do online, it wasn’t sweet talking. In Swagbucks, you’ll earn points when you answer surveys, shop online, watch videos, search the web, play games, and discover great deals.
- Answer Surveys – Simply answer market research surveys and give your honest opinion. Most of the surveys pay between 5SB and 250SB. Swagbucks works with a lot of survey providers, so you will find lots of surveys. You’ll also find short daily polls that you can answer for 1SB. Something you should know is that you will not qualify for every survey. Sometimes, you’ll go far into a survey before it is determined that you are not the right person needed to answer the survey, and you’ll be disqualified. Swagbucks knows disqualifications hurt, and gives a small compensation – 1SB for every survey disqualification (up to 5 a day).
- Shop Online – There are over 1,500 store partners of Swagbucks, including giant retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Starbucks, etc. By simply shopping in any of these partner stores through Swagbucks, you’ll earn cash back. That is, you’ll earn something for every dollar spent in the partner stores.
- Watch videos – You’ll find short videos in Swagbucks. Content providers want you to see their contents, and these videos are entertaining snippets of them. Videos are about every topic – news, gossip, cooking, travel, sports, etc.
- Search the Web – Use the Swagbucks search engine in place of your regular search engine, and you’ll earn SB as your search the web. SBs are also randomly awarded to members searching the Swagbucks website.
- Play Games – If you enjoy casino games, you can earn SBs while at it. Swagbucks partners with GSN casinos; and if you register with your Swagbucks account, for every deposit into your casino account, you’ll earn SB.
- Discover Great Deals – Hit the discover button, and you’ll find great deals and offers from many top brands, ranging from financials, to technology, to beauty and health, and more. Clicking any of the featured service, and signing up will not only net you savings on the purchase; you’ll also earn SBs. You’ll also find trial offers, where you can sign up to try a product/ service for a specified time period. In some of these trials, you’ll have to purchase the product for a nominal fee; but others are free trials, where you do not make any purchase, but will still have to give your credit card details in hope that you’ll become a paid subscriber after the trial period.
- Swagcodes – Swagbucks post promotional codes in their social media pages. You can earn SBs by finding these codes and redeeming them in the “My Account” page once logged in.
- Swagstakes – Swagbucks runs different sweepstakes like the 1,000SB giveaway, 5,000SB giveaway, and more. Buy entries into these sweepstakes with SBs you’ve earned (1 entry cost 10SB), and you can be the lucky member that is randomly selected to sweep home the prize.
- Referrals – you can also earn by referring others to Swagbucks. Swagbucks gives a 10% referral commission. That is, you’ll earn 10% of whatever your referrals earn from surveys, shop, videos, games, and discovering deals. In addition to this, you can get an extra 400SB from your referrals. If your referral earns 300SB in his/ her first 30 days, you’ll get a 300SB bonus. Then if your referral installs and uses the Swagbutton (Swagbucks search engine), you’ll qualify for 100SB bonus.
Payment and Rewards
When you have SBs building in your account, you’ll want to redeem them for cash and other real-life prizes. Thankfully, Swagbucks supports gift cards as well as cash payment. You can request e-gift cards of some of the biggest stores including Amazon, Stabucks, Walmart, and more. If you prefer cash payment, you can request payment to your PayPal account. You can also choose to donate your earnings to foundations and charities.
Thankfully, you’ll not have to build a large balance before you can request payment. Then minimum cash-out is $3. This is because you’ll find $3 and $5 gift cards in the store that you can request when redeeming your SB points. However, if you want PayPal payment, you’ll have to stay longer as the minimum cash-out amount is $25.
Unfortunately, Swagbucks does not support instant payment, or same day payments. In fact, payment is relatively slow. After requesting payment, it’ll take about 10 business days to receive your e-gift cards. PayPal payment may even take up to 14 days. However, one thing we like is that Swagbucks is forthright about this. It does not go the route of some GPT sites that talk fast payment only to deliver slow payment. You’ll find in its pages that you should allow 10 – 14 days (from the date of request) for payment to be received.
Can you get support?
Yes, you can. There is a “Help Center” that you be your first point of call. The page holds a lot od support articles arranged into the following topics: Popular Questions; Answer Surveys; shopping; Discover Deals; Videos, Games & Search; Gift Cards & Buy SB; Account & Setting, Technical Issues, Promotions, Receipts & Coupons; Privacy; and Swagbucks Overview. Clicking on each topic, you’ll find subtopics where series of questions are answered. Thus, the Help Center is very detailed and should help with a lot of questions.
If doesn’t help, you can contact Swagbucks directly for help, and an agent will get back to you. You’ll find a ‘Still Need Help’ button’ at the bottom of most support articles that you can click to create and submit a support ticket. Response time is typically within 3 business days, but some may take up to 10 business days. You can also chat with an agent of Swagbucks via Facebook. However, this is no instant feedback chat. It may take up to 1 business day to get a response from the team. The support service is available only between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm, Pacific Time (Monday – Friday, excluding holidays).
If you find too many users complaining about a service, it’s probably means all is not well with it and that you should stay away.
In the case of Swagbucks, as of writing, it was rated 4.3 out of 5 in arguably the biggest customer’s review platform (Trustpilot). 64% of the 17,925 customers that responded rated it as excellent, while 19% rate it as great. These stats tell you that though there are some players’ complaints, Swagbucks is not one of those sites that are overridden with complaints that you should be wary of.
A popular complaint from Swagbucks users that you’ll find is that of not qualifying for surveys. In fact, if you see 3 Swagbucks complaints, one of them will be about survey disqualifications. While this is a problem in virtually all Paid Survey Sites and GPT sites, it seems to be a little on the high in Swagbucks. Thankfully, there are many surveys available, so you can keep trying till you find ones you qualify for. Also, there’s a small compensation for survey disqualifications ($1 per disqualification up to 5 disqualifications a day).
You’ll also find users complaining of slow payment, and slow customer support. Swagbucks is very open about its payment times. You’ll get paid, but it’ll take 10 – 14 days. That said, do go into Swagbucks with expectations of fast payment. It is also open about its response time taking up to 10 business days. Yes, that’s slow. Yes, we’ll like to see faster response. Unfortunately, that’s what is at moment in Swagbucks.
Swagbucks Pros and Cons
- It is backed by a robust company Prodege LLC
- It has a reputation as the web’s biggest rewards program (as it has over 10 million users)
- It is a legit GPT site that actually pays members (as over $455 million has been paid out)
- It accepts users 13 years and above from many countries of the world
- It is absolutely free to register and start earning
- Registration is very easy and fast
- Gives a join bonus (2SB upon joining, 5SB upon verifying your email, and another $10)
- It has a mobile-optimized website and has mobile apps, so you can work from home, on the road, and from anywhere else
- There are many ways to earn, including answering surveys, watching videos, shopping online, searching the web, discovering deals and offers, and more
- There are many survey opportunities as Swagbucks works with a lot of survey providers
- Token reward points are awarded as a compensation for survey disqualification ($1 for each disqualification up to 5 qualifications a day)
- Payment methods include lots of gift cards options as well as PayPal
- The minimum payment amount is relatively low ($3), so you’ll not stay long before you can request payment
- The $10 that is part of the welcome bonus is activated only be making a purchase (a single purchase worth $25+)
- There are many complaints of not qualifying for surveys to suggests that rate of survey disqualifications is a bit on the high
- PayPal payment requires having a minimum balance worth $25
- Payment is relatively slow, as you may have to wait for 10 – 14 business days to receive payment
- Support service is not available 24/ 7, response time is relatively slow, and instant feedback channels are not supported